Sunday 16 May 2010

Crit No.3

Ideas/feedback that came out of the discussion:
  • My FMP is effectively an homage to magazines and publications and my research file will become my magazine
  • What will the contents be? photoshoots, interviews of foundation fashion students, editors letter
  • The editors letter is not going to be written by me. So far, the letter from the editor of all the first issues of magazines I have looked at have set out who their audience is intended to be and what they are trying to do. I have photocopied and annotated these and highlighted parts that are relevant to my magazine and I think it would be a good idea to use these as the 'letter from the editor'
  • Aside from doing the actual photoshoots, I need to investgate binding now; this is another area that has a relationship to fashion - exposed and raw edges and unfinished seams etc. I should visit the book arts course at Camberwell to get advice on this

No comments:

Post a Comment