Saturday 10 April 2010

Carrying on from previous project:








Photographs from previous project.
I intended these photos to have an ethereal quality and I was inspired by an editorial found in Dazed and Confused magazine, which showcased garments made from translucent materials similar to the chiffon I used in my own photoshoot. I think the title of the Dazed and Confused editorial is relevant;
HARD TAILORING IS SOFTENED WITH THE WEIGHTLESS TOUCH OF LAYERED CHIFFONS IN SHADES OF GREY.

I made some 'ghost' jeans from translucent navy chiffon and although these worked well, they did not have the same ethereal effect in photographs as they did in reality where you are able to touch them and feel the weightless quality. Because of this, for my final major project I want also to experiment with different ways of displaying clothing and believe that clothing photographed hanging from hooks or hangers rather than actually being displayed on the body may have that more 'ghostly', forgotten quality that I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment